Sunday, August 22, 2010

welcome, ahlan wa sahlan, bienvenue, mabuhay, irashaimasu!

Hello, and welcome to my blog!

I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the MIS subject that kicked off last week, this is part of our requirement by the superfabulous professor dr norzaidi (i called u superfabulous, i should get 20 marks, right? hehe kidding) to start one.

Of course, it has taken me only a second to register and to get my blog up and running...but I seriously not sure how to make my blog look pretty and nice..Ive already have my own blog called sambalpetaikuahpecal but was very much abandoned due to endless assignments, office workloads, spending quality time with my kids, bla, bla bla..you name it (im so good in giving excuses, i know).

By the way, prof zaidi also have several blogs which you can check it out: http://classzaidi.blogspot.com/ and http://norzaidi.blogspot.com/.

He looks very much different in his blogs than in real life. You got to meet this guy in person to know what Im talking about. But thanks to him, I got my tummy ache for laughing too much on our first day of class but at least I know I dont have to go through hours of memorizing theories and formulas. I am happy at least I can sit back and relax and have more positive discussions.

To me, the first reason why I wanted to do MBA so much is the knowledge sharing which I believe I will gain from my peers and the professors. Of course, we don't get it in most of the subjects that we have taken so far. There are times when we try to ask more questions or to share more ideas, we get remarks such as "I think you are too excited"..or "This is not the right class for you to ask that question"..those are very frustrating remarks that you get.

I mean, as parents I encourage my kids to ask questions and I am more than happy to answer them. And If I don't know, I will tell them I don't know. As parents, I learn a lot from my kids too. Its not just them growing up, I grow up with them too.

If we are really moving towards new knowledge economy, we should encourage every citizen in this planet to ask questions..so they will be able to think more, get their brain working, rather than accepting information without knowing whether its right or wrong.

Interesting enough, yesterday while rushing to my parents house for iftar, I managed to watch a few minutes a documentary on Astro. An american journalist went to this one city (either in Pakistan or Afghanistan) and as he walked through the streets and the market, there is no sight of any woman or girls walking around the street. It happens to be if any woman is found on the street they will be kill. In fact he interviewed one man and he just killed his daughter, shot her on the chest, because she left the house without his permission. This community of people said this is what Islamic teaching is all about. But the truth is, because they dont know how to read, they dont understand the Quran, they have been passing wrong knowledge and they totally believe what their ancestors have been telling them. So they became very jahilliyah, not being able to differentiate between what's right or wrong. And they dont dare to ask question for not understanding and this is going on for many generations. You get my point?

OK, we're suppose to write about managing information system or ICT related subjects, so I think I better stop before I rant too much about other things.

But first lets talk about me.

I joined my current organisation (lets not name it) last 3 years. My prime motivation for joining this place was that I believe many incredible things can be done to help the community to embrace technology and ICT. Ive been doing corporate communications, particularly PR for the last 3 years. Before this Ive been doing a lot of marcomm, product and marketing and such

Apart from work, I live in Shah Alam with my husband (who happened to be an engineer) and our two kids, Nadyne and Alkaff as well as our two rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment